Roof Moss Treatment
Complete moss removal process. Includes a dry removal of the moss with a wire brush, application of Eco-friendly moss killer, and a gutter cleaning.
To improve the aesthetic appeal & extend the life of your roof by removing moss & tree debris.
We eradicate moss infestations by removing as much of the moss as possible with a wire brush. Once removed, we kill the moss at the root with an Eco-friendly product. This also keeps any moss spores from propagating & starting a new cycle of moss growth.
We have been working with moss infestations for a long time & our method has proven to be extremely effective. Especially when followed up annually, with another application of our Eco-friendlymoss killer.
This moss infestation has completely blocked the roof's drainage. It is also collecting & composting tree debris. Not only has it rendered the roof's drainage ineffective, it also poses a fire hazard in the summer. The heat from the debris & moss composting on a hot summer day can spontaneously ignite! Insurance companies have been known to cruise neighborhoods looking for this kind of thing. They will threaten to drop your homeowner's insurance if the problem isn't dealt with professionally.
We use a gentle approach to moss removal by starting with a roof cleaning focusing on collecting the larger tree debris & moss. Next, we use wire bristle brushes to loosen up the more aggressive moss. A blow down of the entire roof is our final step in the removal process.
We use an Eco-friendly product to kill the remaining roots & spores left behind after the removal of the moss. It is the most effective way to keep the moss from coming back. We recommend an annual, sometimes semi-annual application of this product. Once the moss has been removed, the propagation cycle must be broken.
We find all kinds of things growing in moss on roofs. Mushrooms & ferns are the most common. Fern roots go deep & can really do some damage.
Yes, we've seen worse! This is bad but, there is the occasional moss infestation that would do more damage to the roof by removal than by just leaving it alone.
It took hours of work but we were able to remove the majority of the moss! The white lines of moss killer will keep it from growing back immediately.
We've never seen a zinc strip that worked more than 1-2 ft down the roof. Most strips are only placed along the peak of a roof. So the zinc never leaches down the roof far enough to kill the rest of the moss. This strip is laying in the middle of a pile of moss. It's pretty obvious that it's not working.
This is a roof that we removed the moss from. See the pitting on the roofing tile? This is from the roots of the moss eating into the tile! You can even see how some of the more aggressive moss would just not let go.
Many types of moss, lichen, mushrooms & ferns grow on NW roofs. Depending on the type & degree of infestation we may need perform multiple treatments.
It is crucial to keep this area clean! Debris & moss can easily build up to the point where trapped rain water can seep around the flashing. This can cause a leak or dry rot problem inside your home.
Based on the amount of composite particle loos on these roofing tiles, it looks like this roof has been neglected for years. This has lead to either the moss eating the tiles down to the plywood or the tile has become brittle with age & has broken off. We document any damage like this that we come across. After the job we can show you photos of the damage & discuss repair options.
Our CLEANING PROCESS
Moss Removal Prep
- Loose tree debris removed from roof with rake, blower & bags.
- If possible, moss is removed by gently scrubbing with a wire bristle brush on a pole.
- Composite roofs usually experience a little granule loss. Some from our scrub brushes. But, most is due to previous damage from moss. If you're roof is falling apart & covered with moss. It is probably in need of being replaced. Not cleaned.
- Some types of moss are harder to remove than others & can require multiple treatments.
- Loose moss debris is blown into gutters.
- Gutters & downspouts are cleaned.
- Debris is composted in your yard waste.
- We do not dispose of debris off site.
- Yard directly under eves blown free of loose moss & tree debris.
Eco-friendly Moss Killer
- Takes 2 - 4 weeks to start working depending on weather. Rain caries the product down the roof.
- Kills moss by changing the PH of exposed roots & spores.
- Attention to detailed.
- No water damage.
- Report on condition of your roof including pics upon request.
- 100% accident free work record.
- Used to access gutters & roofs up to 40’.
- Padded stand-off arms used to protect your siding, trim & gutters.
- Leg levelers/feet used for uneven ground.